A disorder mandibular deficiency to the development and growth excess leading to instability in the bite is considered.
Corrected using a procedure called Orthognathic surgery which involves the replacement of facial bone.
WHAT IS ORTHOGNATHIC SURGERY?
Orthognathic surgery is a surgical method for the correction of dento-facial-skeletal disorders in interdisciplinary set in order to restore the stomatognathicfunction (bite) and facial harmony.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE?
All patients with abnormal facial skeletal growth level that reflects in deficit when biting and also present aesthetic alterations.
Patients must first undergo specialized orthodontic treatment.
By: Dr.Abraham Orozco
About Dr. Abraham Orozco Contributor to Sunset Dental Cancun since 2011 He graduated from UNAM with honors as Dentist. Postgraduate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University, which obtained the Certificate by the Mexican Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Do not have the habit of visiting the dentist can cause health complications that could be treated previously.
An important part of our physical being is oral health. However, the attention that is given is not a common practice, as the Mexican Dental Association confirms that only 15% of Mexicans visit the dentist every six months.
Do not have the habit of visiting the dentist can cause health complications for problems that could be treated effectively and in a timely manner.
It is common that happens unexpectedly biting a solid object like a bone or a seed or when we bite with too much pressure on our jaw, we can cause fracture of a molar.
Dominican Dental Center claims another common cause of carious teeth is cracked teeth or multiple restorations injuries, since they have not the same amount of enamel making them more fragile.
Patient age is also a risk factor, because over time the tissues that make up the tooth lose elasticity, causing fracture of the piece when you bite something hard.
Habits such as biting pencils, ice, fingernails, can also be causes of fractures.
Here are some consequences of having a tooth uncovered:
- Severe pain. It can be triggered by neglecting your teeth, because if you leave them cracked a long time, food can build up and cause a lot of pain by decay, in addition to possible infections.
- Infections. According to the National Institute of Health in the United States, they can occur when a tooth is broken or chipped, allowing bacterial entry into and the infection can spread from the root to the jawbone.
- Caries. This epidemiological problem may be caused by a fractured tooth. Ideally remove the decay and rebuild the part. If left untreated, it reaches the dental pulp and then into the bloodstream with the ability to infect other organs, says Dominican Dental Center.
- Loss of the piece. By leaving uncovered a tooth or tooth decay can trigger infections that ultimately lead to extract the tooth. In losing can trigger aesthetic and functional problems such as overloading other parts, accumulation of food in the empty space or periodontal disease.
- Heart problems. Research at the School of Medicine Harvard claim that people with periodontal disease (gum) increase 72% the risk of heart problems compared to those who maintain healthy teeth.
- Tooth sensitivity. This is a consequence of having a tooth uncovered. The International Association for the Study of Pain says this is a painful sensation that responds to external stimuli, including as food and cold, hot, sour or sweet drinks.
- Bad smell of mouth. According to the Barcelona Clinic Propdental infection and bacteria buildup on teeth bites cause bad breath.
In addition to these conditions, the lacks of a tooth also cause discomfort when eating, talking imbalance, besides aesthetic problems in the face, says Stomatology Health Promotion IMSS, Maria Trinidad Gomez Lepe.
Injuries and the consequences of having a tooth or teeth in poor condition should be treated as soon as possible, because there can be complications for the patient’s overall health.
Contact us now
E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: +52 (998) 176 80 84, Address: Blvd. Kukulcán Km 12.5, Centro Empresarial Cancún, Pent House 1-4, Hotel Zone. Cancun, Q.Roo. Mexico.
Teeth whitening procedures are in high demand among patients, and there are numerous treatments available to achieve aesthetically pleasing results. Choosing to visit the dentist for tooth whitening is the best way to select a procedure that will work for the unique qualities of your smile and provide safe, effective treatment; working with your dentist is also the only way to access the benefits of the Zoom! procedure. Here is a closer look at what Zoom! Whitening has to offer:
Safe whitening of the teeth: Zoom! works using a UV light to unlock the effects of a specially formulated whitening gel that is applied to the teeth; the procedure also includes steps to ensure the gums are always fully protected. The whitening solution is not so strong that it damages the tooth enamel, but still delivers optimal whitening effects with the help of UV light.
Results in just one visit: Many tooth whitening procedures take multiple treatment sessions to give patients the results they desire. Zoom! is different because it is designed to dramatically improve the teeth, making them more radiant in one visit to the dentist that lasts for only an hour. Plus, the results from one session of Zoom! are typically better than the end result of longer-term treatments. On average, Zoom! yields an improvement of eight shades whiter than before treatment.
Long-lasting whitening: Zoom! uses a specialized chemical formula that penetrates deeper into the teeth than other whitening solutions, so the teeth remain white and bright long after the initial treatment.
Compare Zoom! Whitening to your other professional treatment options by scheduling a consultation with the dentists of Sunset Dental Cancun and visit their website www.sunsetdentalcancun.com or call 0052 998 1768084.
Achieve the smile you want !
What Does Your Smile Say About You?
Want to succeed in business, fill up your social calendar, and get more romance into your life? One secret may be in your smile.
Your smile — simple, straightforward, and most important, sincere — can attract more than admiring looks. A smiling face tells people that you’re an outgoing and intelligent person worth getting to know.
“When someone has a big smile, it shows they’re willing to open up and expose a part of themselves,” says Pamela McClain, DDS, president of the American Academy of Periodontology. Over the long term, smiling can benefit your health, perception at work, social life, and romantic status. With that much at stake, it’s worthwhile to discover what your smile is saying about you — and how to interpret the smiles flashed your way.
Smiling Eyes Aren’t Just for the Irish
Many Americans look at the mouth to judge a person’s mood, but people smile for all sorts of reasons: anger, fear, embarrassment, confusion, to deceive. It’s really your eyes that give you away.
The muscles around the eyes can’t be forced to look happy. When people smile for real, their cheeks rise and the skin around their eyes bunches up. In fact, in certain countries where suppressing emotion is a cultural norm, people look more at each other’s eyes to gauge emotion.
A Smile Makes You Look Successful
“A smile conveys confidence and professionalism,” says Lily T. Garcia, DDS, DDS, MS, FACP, president of the American College of Prosthodontists. People who project a positive outlook are generally more open and flexible. They tend to cope better with challenges than people who are withdrawn and unsmiling.
A study that followed a group of women for 30 years shows the lifetime benefits of smiling. The women who displayed genuinely happy smiles in their college yearbook photos went on to have happier marriages and greater wellbeing.
In the same study, a group of strangers looked at the college photos and reported their assumptions about the women’s personalities. The women who smiled were judged to be more positive and competent than those who didn’t.
Turn that Frown Upside Down
Want to be happy? Just smile. Believe it or not, forcing yourself to smile can actually make you happier.
Paul Ekman, PhD, a psychologist who is an expert in facial expressions, taught himself to arrange the muscles in his face to make certain expressions. To his surprise, he found himself feeling the emotions that he was mimicking. When he raised his cheeks, parted his lips, and turned the corners of his mouth up, he felt happier.
Ekman and his research partner went on to do a study of college students to see if they, too, would feel happier by making themselves smile. The researchers measured the students’ brain activity while the students followed instructions to smile using the muscles in their cheeks and around their mouths.
Whether the students smiled spontaneously or on purpose, the activity in their brains was virtually the same. They felt happy.
Chipped or missing teeth, fillings, or discolored teeth are unveiled when your lips part to smile – so some people simply avoid it.
If you find yourself wanting to cover up your smile, you could be holding yourself back in more ways than you realize. “Life is much more challenging for people who are so self-conscious about their teeth they don’t want to smile,” McClain says. Make a date with your dentist to talk about your concerns and potential corrections. Many dental problems can be fixed.
WebMD Feature By Joanne Barker
So after reading that informative article what do you think? What does your smile say about you?
With the world becoming such a small place in terms of travel, information and options many people are wanting to find more affordable dentistry options that they hope will improve their Oral Health as well as the Appearence!
Mexico Dentistry and Cancun in particular is now one of the world’s most popular destination for Americans and Canadians looking to get world class dental treatments while having a well deserved Vacation and saving money!
Dental Vacations are popular because of the above reasons so check your options and contact the clinics that interest you and see what they can do for you!
Interesting Animal Facts of Mexico
The national animal of Mexico is the Golden Eagle, however, along with that we have some more information for you in regards to its fauna.
A very rare species of rabbit known as the volcano rabbit is found in Mexico. Its habitat is restricted to the volcanic belt which runs through this country.
Оne of the unique facts about Mexico is that the jungles of Mexico is home to the apex predator, the one we all know as the jaguar. It is the largest wildcat in North America and with no known predators.
Mexico is a haven for bird-watchers. It boasts of over 50 species of hummingbirds and pelicans which are found nowhere else on Earth. One wonders, as to how can there be so much of animal diversity within a place, and how is it that these animals manage to coexist with one of the densest human populations on Earth.
In Southern Mexico lies a creature which the Aztecs took to be a transformed version of Xolotl, their God of death and lightening. Also known as the ‘water monster’ it’s a prehistoric, salamander looking creature known as the axolotl.
Perhaps one of the most amazing feats of endurance, the monarch butterfly is the epitome of stamina and strength. These butterflies migrate and travel hundreds of miles to arrive in the Mexican jungles in the winter season.
Interesting Culinary Facts of Mexico
Let’s now delve into the culinary tastes of this country and see what interesting find we can dig out from the people.
We would have missed out on some of the sweetest things in life, if it hadn’t been for the Mexicans, because they are the ones who gave us chocolate. And to balance that out, they also gave some of the hottest peppers known to man.
Did you know that hot chocolate was the revered drink of the Aztecs.
The tomato got its name from the ancient Aztec language.
Fried grasshoppers are a favorite snack for the people of Oaxaca, a state in the south of Mexico.
Here’s one fun fact about Mexico for you, tequila happens to be the national drink of the nation, which existed even before it became what we know it now as the country of Mexico
According to Mexican history, the people of Mexico descended from the Aztecs and the Mayans. They have a very rich and varied heritage and are known to be hospitable and kind. They are a kind of people who never refuse to lend a helping hand when needed. The following are some interesting Mexico facts with respect to their culture
One of the interesting facts about Mexico city is its world famous mariachi dance and music style. The word mariachi was earlier used to denote a group of dancers who traveled from place to place performing. The term then took shape into a musical style which is now a very prominent style of music throughout the world. No official event is complete without the request for a ‘mariachi’.
Mexicans have a very strong sense of family. Their whole society revolves around the concept of a strong family bond. The father is the head of the family who makes the decisions for the rest of the family. Even though mothers are highly revered, they still come only second to the father.
The marigold is considered to be a symbol of death, hence presenting one, will not be taken lightly.
Even though there are a hundred native American languages, Spanish is the dominant one which lingered on due to the Spanish control of the country.
The US and Mexican border is so long that it’s considered to be the 2nd largest country border in the world.
Now we all know what the ‘Ring of Fire’ is, well Mexico is located in it. The famous San Andreas fault generates multiple earthquakes daily, which are too small to be noticed though.
One of the few interesting facts about Mexico City is that due to the fact that it is located on an underground water body, it sinks a few inches each year.
10 THINGS YOU DID NOT KNOW ABOUT CANCUN!
1. Before the city became known as “Cancun,” it was called “Ekab,” meaning “Black Earth.” Cancun is actually also a Mayan word that means “nest of serpents.”
2. When Cancun was first developing in 1970, there were only three residents living there. Now there are over half a million people who call Cancun home. Can you imagine waking up to that beach every day?
3. Cancun alone generates 1/3 of Mexico’s tourism revenue Millions of people travel to Cancun each year to enjoy the amazing city. I will probably be joining them this year, too.
4. Between 2009 and 2010, Cancun underwent a major beach restoration project that added 7 miles of coast between 40-70 yards wide. This project cost about $70 million dollars. This means there is plenty of beach for you and your friends to relax on!
5. Cancun is divided into three districts: Downtown Cancun, the Ecological Reserve, and the Hotel Zone. Downtown Cancun is a great place to learn about the locals and a less expensive place to shop with several flea markets. The Ecological Reserve is home to Mexico’s largest genuine ecosystem – and there are many tours that explore the area. Cancun’s Hotel Zone is the popular tourist area with shopping and beaches.
6. The second busiest airport in Mexico is Cancun’s international airport – with the most international traffic in the Latin American area. Make sure you mark your luggage appropriately in case of a mix up.
7. Cancun’s white sand is made from crushed coral and cool to the touch, so you don’t need your sandals while walking on the beach. Remember to always bring a beach bag to store towels, sandals, and water just in case.
8. Cancun is home to the second largest coral reef in the world – the Great Mayan Barrier Reef. Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is the only one that is larger. Take advantage of this by scuba diving or snorkeling while visiting Cancun.
9. Cancun has many festivals throughout the year such as the Cancun Jazz Festival, Equinox celebrations, film festivals, and more. Check out which festivals are happening during your travel time to enjoy this unique aspect of Cancun. I’ve been to the Cancun Cinco de Mayo party and it is definitely worth checking out.
10. There are around 140 hotels with over 24,000 hotel rooms and over 350 restaurants in Cancun – so there is always a place for you to stay. Cancún awaits bou!
And the most INTERESTING fact of all is that you can travel to this amazing and wonderful country and receive the very best Dental Treatments for nearly 60% less than the United States or Canada!
So check us out and see what Sunset Dental Cancun can do to help you and your family.
0052 998 1768084
Dental bridges literally bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth.
A bridge is made up of two crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap — these two anchoring teeth are called abutment teeth — and a false tooth/teeth in between. These false teeth are called pontics and can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination of these materials. Dental bridges are supported by natural teeth or implants.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
- Restore your smile
- Restore the ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
What Types of Dental Bridges Are Available?
There are three main types of dental bridges:
- Traditional bridges involve creating a crown for the tooth or implant on either side of the missing tooth, with a pontic in between. Traditional bridges are the most common type of bridge and are made of either porcelain fused to metal or ceramics.
- Cantilever bridges are used when there are adjacent teeth on only one side of the missing tooth or teeth.
- Maryland bonded bridges (also called a resin-bonded bridge or a Maryland bridge) are made of plastic teeth and gums supported by a metal framework. Metal wings on each side of the bridge are bonded to your existing teeth.
What Is the Process for Getting a Dental Bridge?
During the first visit for getting a dental bridge, the abutment teeth are prepared. Preparation involves recontouring these teeth by removing a portion of enamel to allow room for a crown to be placed over them. Next, impressions of the teeth are made, which serve as a model from which the bridge, pontic, and crowns will be made by a dental lab. Your dentist will make a temporary bridge to wear to protect the exposed teeth and gums while the bridge is being made.
During the second visit, your temporary bridge will be removed and the new permanent bridge will be checked and adjusted, as necessary, to achieve a proper fit. Multiple visits may be required to check the fit of the metal framework and bite. This is dependent on each individual’s case. If the dental bridge is a fixed (permanent) bridge, your dentist may temporarily cement it in place for a couple of weeks to make sure it is fitting properly. After a couple weeks, the bridge is permanently cemented into place.
The cost of dental bridges varies depending on the type of bridge selected and the country in which the procedure is performed. Here at Sunset Dental Cancun a 3 Unit Bridge can cost as little as 1410 usd that includes all work, materials and Temporaries! Dental insurance will typically pay a percentage of the fee depending on the individual dental plan and if needed Sunset Dental Cancun can help fill out any relevant forms for you to get as much money back as possible, While providing x-rays and photos along with receipts etc.
How Long Do Dental Bridges Last?
Dental bridges can last five to 15 years and even longer. With good oral hygiene and regular checkups, it is not unusual for the life span of a fixed bridge to be over 10 years.
Will It Be Difficult to Eat With a Dental Bridge?
Replacing missing teeth with a dental bridge should actually make eating easier. Until you become accustomed to the bridge, eat soft foods that have been cut into small pieces.
Will the Dental Bridge Change How I Speak?
It can be difficult to speak clearly when teeth are missing. Wearing a dental bridge with the anterior teeth in their proper relationship will help you speak properly.
How Do I Care for a Bridge?
It is important to keep remaining teeth healthy and strong as the success of the bridge (depending on the type selected) depends on the solid foundation offered by the surrounding teeth. Brushing twice a day and flossing daily helps prevent tooth decay and gum disease that can lead to tooth loss. Your dentist or dental hygienist can demonstrate how to properly brush and floss teeth. Keeping a regular cleaning schedule will help diagnose problems at an early stage when treatment has a better prognosis. Selecting a balanced diet for proper nutrition is also important.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.
This is just for fun, but seriously have you ever seen a Dentist chair with a better view? We know that this is such a small part in the overall plan of a Dental Clinic in Mexico but each and every patient who has sat in one of our consultation and treatment rooms has mentioned what a stunning and almost magical view we have, with almost all patients commenting on what a calming and relaxing effect it has on them. So just for fun here are some of our top views from Sunset Dental Cancun- And yes our dental results are just as beautiful!
Do you agree? is are they not Beautiful views from a Dentist Chair? If you have any better or suggestions please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and to make an appointment or check up call 0052 998 1768084Visit our website www.sunsetdentalcancun.com
Post navigation← Older posts
A disorder mandibular deficiency to the development and growth excess leading to instability in the bite is considered. Corrected using a procedure called Orthognathic surgery…
Do not have the habit of visiting the dentist can cause health complications that could be treated previously. An important part of our physical being is…
Teeth whitening procedures are in high demand among patients, and there are numerous treatments available to achieve aesthetically pleasing results. Choosing to visit the…
What Does Your Smile Say About You? Want to succeed in business, fill up your social calendar, and get more romance into your life? One…